Thursday, March 19, 2009

my fourth day of internship



PART 1
What is it?
It is a hospital

What kind of business is it and what kind of work do the professionals do there?
the kind of business people do is a lot, because there is many different type of doctors and types of job Example nursing, patient transport, etc.....

Where is it? What is the neighborhood like compared to where our school is?
the hospital is in MANHATTAN 170 West 12th Street, NY, 10011. The neighborhood like to work hard and get money.
Tell a little about your mentor.

What kinds of things have you done so far?
The kinds of thing I have done so far is to help the patients, make them feel like they are in their houses.


What were some of the highlights of the fourth week? (Memorable moments, cool things, incredibly difficult things...)
The highlights of the fourth week was very exiting because I get to learn new skills and how to interact with people. But some time it is hard because in the nersing floor they don't give us job and I find it difficult for me to stay there for 4 hours and I don't do nothing
PART 2

When do you leave school?
I leave at school at 11:40

How long does it take you to get to your internship?
It take me 1 hours to take to my internship


When do you arrive at home?
I arrive at home at 6 pm

What is your schedule? (What days do you work and for how long each day?)
I work Monday, Tuesday, and thurday. I work for each day 4 hours.

Who are the two people that can sign your time card? (Your mentor and the additional person)
Each day that I go to the hospital the person that have to sign my time card is my mentor

Part 3

How was the fourth week different than the third week?
There is no different between my third week and my fourth week because I do the same job everyday.

What is something that you really like about the internship?
Something I really like about my internship is to help the patient, and the people that I work with are very nice.

What is something you dislike about the internship?
I don't like the nursing floor because they don't give me something to do and I have to write in my blog I don't write nothing important about the nursing floor. That floor make me boring


Who else's blog have your read and commented on?
I never know that I have to read and comment a blog. But like I know it I will do it now.

1 comment:

  1. 1. What other kinds of jobs do hospital employees do?

    2. "Tell a little about your mentor." - Finish this prompt.

    3. When you are on the nursing floor, you need to practice talking with the nurses by asserting yourself and asking questions and telling them you are available to help out.

    ReplyDelete