Thursday, May 14, 2009

11. Word / Phrase: Preoperative

Meaning: The time period describing the duration of a patients

Context:

12. Word / Phrase:Pancrea

Meaning:The organ in the body that produces insulin and substances which help to digest food so that it can be used by the body is called Pancrea

Context: I remember last year that I learned in science class about Human body and we pronounced the word pancrea

13. Word / Phrase: Lump

Meaning:swelling:

Context:I have a strange lump on my arm.

14. Word / Phrase: Rash

Meaning: Allergic reaction which makes your skin go red

Context:When she used the soap her skin came out in

15. Word / Phrase: Bruise

Meaning: when the skin goes blue and yellow

Context:He has a bruise just under his eye.

16.Word / Phase:Spot

Meaning:Red mark on the skin

Context:When he was a teenager he had a lot of spots."

17.Word /Phase:Scab

Meaning:Dry skin that forms over a cut

Context:Don't pick at your scab - you might make it bleed.

18. Word / Phase:Sprain

Meaning:Twist a part of your body

Context: My ankle looks swollen, but it's only a minor sprain

19.Word /Phase:Bump

Meaning: When you hit yourself and get a slight swelling:

Context:I bump my head on the desk

20.Word / Phase:Boil

Meaning: Infected swelling with liquid inside it

Context: You'll need to go to the doctor to have that boil lanced

No comments:

Post a Comment